Posted comments (16)

Posted by R.a. Porter at June 6, 2012 23:39:30 UTC
I needed some IBANs for a unit test and was happy to find your generator; however, I think you've got a subset of IBANs that are in error. Either that, or the documentation at ECBS and the checkiban Javascript at UN/CEFACT is in error.

According to ECBS's notes on French IBANs (http://www.ecbs.org/iban/france-bank-account-number.html, the IBANs for
should all begin with "FR", despite those territories all having their own ISO codes.
Posted by Robert Lie at June 7, 2012 21:39:20 UTC
R.a. Porter,

You are right! The documentation at ECBS are correct. I have updated the tool accordingly.
Posted by Henrik Larsson at September 4, 2012 23:06:20 UTC
I am looking for this, I have some questions, I work with financial questions on behalf of clients in Sweden, please contact me at [email protected] , thank you.
Posted by Lisa at October 3, 2012 23:56:30 UTC
Hi,
I just wondered how you could be sure the IBANs were fictitious? I'd like to use some for testing but would be happier if reassured that these IBANs didn't belong to someone...somewhere. Or is there anyway of knowing this?

Thanks.
Posted by Jochem at October 25, 2013 20:21:16 UTC
Does the random IBAN genarator generate actual account numbers?

For an app I am working on, this would be necessary. Can it be done to first generate a random country code & then proceed with the corresponding IBAN length? How close would the result be to 'hitting' an existing account number?

Looking forward to your reply.
If you want to know more about the app & its use, let me know
Posted by Robert Lie at October 26, 2013 07:37:37 UTC
Lisa and Jochem,

I have created this tool to generate RANDOM Iban numbers for TEST purposes. I use these numbers to test my software. It randomly generates account numbers, then calculates valid checksums. I can not give any assurances that these account numbers does not belong to someone.
Posted by Igniti at February 12, 2014 09:00:21 UTC
We have been using your generator to test Online-Shops after implementation of SEPA. It works like a charm. Thank you very much for that!
Posted by Joe at April 28, 2014 13:29:39 UTC
The spanish IBANs are all incorrect.

According the page http://www.ibancalculator.com/iban_validieren.html

The checksums in the account numbers are incorrect.
Posted by Robert at April 29, 2014 09:12:06 UTC
Joe,

Spanish bank account numbers (BBAN) are made up of 20 digits.

For example: 2100 2527 33 1234567890
-2100 is the name of the bank (ie. La Caixa)
-2527 is the branch code (ie. Mijas Pueblo)
-33 is the security code
-1234567890 is the 10 digit account number.

And other countries have BBAN numbers which are differently formatted.

This tool does not create correct or valid BBAN numbers.
The BBAN numbers are RANDOMLY generated.
Based on the randomly generated BBAN number the correct two digit checksum is calculated.
Posted by Sandeep at July 7, 2014 14:22:49 UTC
Thanks for this service. Its very useful of us who need to test systems with IBAN insertion.

Can you please provide a RESTful (or not) API that takes the same inputs and provides the same outputs as mentioned on this page? I would like to integrate that into my test cases.
Posted by Edgar at February 16, 2015 15:43:47 UTC
The German IBANs do not work. I get a SEPA conversion failure. The only one working properly, is the one found within the table of countries.
Posted by Antti at September 25, 2015 06:59:32 UTC
Hi

Thanks for this very useful tool.

Seems that some of the generated IBANs are not valid per Finnish IBAN rules. Example: FI9430968691055442.

See link for details:
This IBAN has the correct length for this country (Finland).
The checksum in the account number is incorrect.
The IBAN checksum is correct.
Posted by Fjrjrjfjrjrj at November 4, 2015 20:37:34 UTC
Hello there,

I'm not sure to be in the right place. I'm looking for a system which be able to generate random IBAN/BIC numbers all associated to my real IBAN/BIC numbers.

Is this possible ?

This would allow me to receive payments from my clients without they see my real IBAN/BIC numbers.

If Yes, could someone explain me how to proceed ?

Thank You !
Posted by Terion at November 14, 2016 12:13:20 UTC
All the Testcountry2 IBANs fail in my testsuite, and they also fail in the validator on IBAN.com
Are they really correct?
Posted by Daniel at February 4, 2017 08:37:55 UTC
I tried a Lot of german iban numbers but no one worked. Please help me
Posted by Tim Base at April 4, 2017 11:42:34 UTC
In Holland and I imagine in other European countries too; some services require a valid IBAN number to validate contact details even for some free services (email, hosting, etc). This generator worked perfectly and the number was validated as correct. Huge thank you for all the work put into this -- I will most definitely feature your tool in my blog whenever appropriate!

Regards,