Posted comments (8)

Posted by William Brown at July 18, 2011 23:35:41 UTC
Hi,
Just wanted to thank you for a very useful tool! This has helped me build my site map... Check it out at www.power.altastream.com
Thanks!
Posted by Blog Geek at October 23, 2011 09:46:46 UTC
Thank you i used it for my blog geek
Posted by Alex at March 28, 2012 22:12:11 UTC
The Method #2 here is putting all of my URLs into one <loc> field, do you know what might be causing this?

thanks
Posted by Andre at December 18, 2013 04:29:02 UTC
Hi,

Very nice tool however it ranks very well in Google for converting XML to XML.GZ being how I ended up here. I have a crawler that only does the XML but does not compress into gz. Might be nice to have an addition to the website for that?
Posted by Dixon at April 17, 2015 17:21:26 UTC
Worked a treat in the end. Just for other people like me, I used the Pipe limited CSV to XML upload. I had to use TextEdit to change the separator to a pipe, but the real kicker was Excel for Mac's silly syntax, which meant the upload didn't parse beyond line 1. Got there in the end though. Thanks!!!
Posted by James Grove at April 28, 2015 19:10:56 UTC
Hello -
Is there a typo in your URLSET entry? It looks like the schemalocation was pasted twice in a nested fashion.
When I convert a txt file into an xml file, I get:


<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!-- Generated by Mobilefish.com - http://www.mobilefish.com/services/sitemap_generator/sitemap_generator.php -->
<urlset xmlns="http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9
http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9/sitemap.xsd/sitemap.xsd">
<url>



Note that the xsi:schemaLocation seems to repeat, like it was pasted inside itself.

Also, this does appear to be a valid url:
http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9/sitemap.xsd
Posted by James Grove at April 28, 2015 20:28:14 UTC
I was able to get my generated code to work, but here's a suggestion.

I uploaded a txt file of URLs. My URLs include the & symbol to separate the parameters.

Those & symbols needed to be replaced by &amp; before the XML file would validate correctly.

It would be nice if there was an option to make that substitution on the fly while generating the output file.

Thanks!
Posted by John at November 16, 2016 00:21:07 UTC
great and helpful tool, thank you