The latest Angular.js version can be downloaded from: http://angularjs.org/
Anguar-seed is a starting point to create small angular-seed applications.
It has some basic file organizations and contains a basic node server.
It was created by the AngularJS team.
Operating system used
Windows Vista Home Premium SP 2
- Goto https://github.com/angular/angular-seed and download file
- angular-seed needs karma. Open a dos window and type:
npm install karma -g
- Unzip this file, for example: c:\angular-seed-master
- Make the following changes (<install_dir> = c:\angular-seed-master):
- File: <install_dir>\scripts\web-server.js
- If port number 8000 is already in use on your environment, change it to something else:
var DEFAULT_PORT = 8000
- If you use angular-seed on a windows environment, comment out the first line by adding two forward slashes.
- Delete all files in directories:
- Goto http://twitter.github.io/bootstrap/ and download and unzip the bootstrap package.
Several files from the boostrap package will be used in the angular-seed project.
- Copy file bootstrap.min.css to <install_dir>\app\css
- Copy files glyphicons-halflings.png and glyphicons-halflings-white.png to <install_dir>\app\img
- Copy files bootstrap.js and bootstrap.min.js to <install_dir>\\app\lib
- Goto http://jquery.com/download/ and download jquery-1.10.2.min.js.
Copy file jquery-1.10.2.min.js to <install_dir>\app\lib
- Goto http://underscorejs.org/ and download underscore-min.js.
Copy file underscore-min.js to <install_dir>\app\lib
- Delete files:
- Delete direcotory <install_dir>\app\partials
- Create files:
- Make the following changes:
- Update file <install_dir>\app\js\app.js
- Delete file <install_dir>\app\js\controller.js
- Create directory <install_dir>\app\js\controllers
- Update file <install_dir>\app\js\directives.js
- Update file <install_dir>\app\js\filters.js
- Delete file <install_dir>\app\js\services.js
- The directory <install_dir>\scripts contains start up scripts:
- test.bat - to run the unit tests
- The unit tests are located in directory:
- The configuration file for the unit tests:
- e2e-test.bat - to run the end-to-end tests
- The end-to-end tests are located in directory:
- The configuration file for the end-to-end tests:
To run these scripts:
- Goto <install_dir>
- Type: scripts\test.bat
- Type: scripts\e2e-test.bat
- To launch the node server included in the angular-seed package:
- Goto <install_dir>
- Type: node scripts\web-server.js
- Open browser and type: http://localhost:8000/
Note: If you have previously change the port number, use the new port number in the URL.
- The modified angular seed project can be used for future small projects or for tutorial purposes.