|Ant is an open-source Java-based build tool. The configuration files are XML-based, calling out a target tree where various tasks get executed. Each task is run by an object that implements a particular Task interface.
The binary distribution of Ant includes the latest version of the Apache Xerces2 XML parser. Ant is distributed at no charge for commercial or non-commercial use. For more information read the LICENSE file.
The latest Ant version can be downloaded from: http://ant.apache.org/
Installing Ant Contrib 1.0b2
The Ant-Contrib project is a collection of tasks for Ant and can be be found at:
A few of these tasks are:
Operating system used
- The foreach task - iterates over a list, a list of paths, or both.
- The if task - perform some tasks based on whether a given condition holds true or not.
- The sortlist task - sort a delimited list of items in their natural string order.
- The propertyregex task - performs regular expression operations on an input string, and sets the results to a property.
Windows Vista Home Premium SP 1
Ant 1.5 or higher.
- Download and unzip ant-contrib-1.0b2-bin.zip.
For example: C:\Tools\ant-contrib-1.0b2
- Copy C:\Tools\ant-contrib-1.0b2\ant-contrib.jar to the lib directory of your Ant installation.
For example: %ANT_HOME%\lib
- If you want to use one of the tasks in your own project, add the lines:
to your build file.
- See script build_demo7.xml which can be found in quick guides Examples build.xml.