Increase BitComet download speed
Operating system used
Windows XP Home Edition Version 5.1 SP 2
- To increase your BitComet download speed, you need to apply port forwarding.
- Suppose your network is setup as displayed below and on the laptop, the BitComet client is installed as described in the guide "Installing BitComet 0.87".
The ADSL modem and the wireless router must have port forwarding configured.
- To configure port forwarding on the ADSL modem, port 13766 must be assigned to ip address 10.0.0.5.
- To configure port forwarding on the wireless router, port 13766 must be assigned to ip address 192.168.1.100.
- If you have installed ZoneAlarm, you need to change the program permission as shown below:
- You should see a significant increase in your BitComet download speed.