Posted comments (5)

Posted by Ryan at June 2, 2008 22:44:56 UTC
Hi. Thanks for taking the time to write an excellent guide on Bugzilla configuration. Amazingly, there are quite a few gotchas with this software, so having this guide (and the one on the Bugzilla site) was really, really useful. Thanks. :)

I just wanted to add one problem which I got resolved, which I don't see covered here or on the Bugzilla.org site. Could be it's my setup. (WinServer 2003, Bugzilla 3.0.4 & Active Perl 5.10.0). After following all the instructions, I got "checksetup.pl" to run through successfully, and I could browse in the server Perl cgi pages I had created, but I simply could not get the Bugzilla .cgi files to work. (And yes, I had followed the IIS setup instructions on the ActiveState web site. I also got Apache to serve Bugzilla fine on the same server (different port), but it was just not working for IIS.

Turns out, I had to manually set the Perl shebang line to point to the Windows installation path of Perl! I find this really odd, but I figured your readers may benefit from the comment. That is, in each of the Bugzilla supplied CGI files, I had to manually set the path to Perl. (As I mentioned before, the Perl path was set correctly in the Windows Path variable, was set in IIS, the site permissions were correctly set, and I could get simply "Hello World" script pages I had created in Perl to work fine, without needing to set the shebang manually). Hope this helps. Cheers!
Posted by Hong at September 10, 2008 09:26:44 UTC
hello! give me a hand!
when i install the bugzilla on windows 2003,i installed the mysql,the perl,but when install the bugzilla, the module DBD-Pg can't be installed, and also ,the module PerlMagick can't be installed.
how i solve this problem?
Posted by Umashankar at January 27, 2009 10:07:22 UTC
Can anyone help me, how to migrate bug info from Bugzilla (Ver 3.2) to MySQL (Ver 5.0) to QC SQL Sever 2000
Posted by Raster at May 28, 2009 23:00:41 UTC
Many thanks. The problem that I had was with the registry setting. I discovered that it was this causing me the problems when I altered the first line of index.cgi to point to the correct location and the site worked. However I read some other document that said you don't need to if the registry is set correctly and I stumbled across your documents that had the reg files to ease setting of this. I had setup my registry to point to the perl binary but I had done it incorrectly. I had interpreted the mozilla docs to create a key of
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.cgi\Shell\ExecCGI with a String Value named Command with a value of c:\perl\bin\perl -t

The original documents I guess are a bit vague in this respect.
Posted by Ajay at January 21, 2011 12:39:56 UTC
please send The link bugzila setup file