Posted comments (22)

Posted by Intern Usmc at August 15, 2017 01:31:48 CEST
Hello,

Thank you for the tutorial.

I am using a hope RFM95 Cytron shield (https://www.cytron.com.my/p-shield-lora-rfm) for my project. The LoRa module is tuned for 915 MHz. May know which line should be changed if I want the code to work at 915 MHz frequency?

So far I have made the following changes to the confg.h file
-uncommentated #define CFG_us915 1
-other changes similar to step 14 (in your guideline)

When I compile and upload the ttn-abp sketch, I got the following error.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\arduino-lmic-master\src\lmic\radio.c:596:9: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'printf'

printf("%lu: %s, freq=%lu, SF=%d, BW=%d, CR=4/%d, IH=%d\n",

^
*from bottom of Arduino IDE

Starting
FAILURE
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\arduino-lmic-master\src\lmic\lmic.c:1508
*from serial monitor

Hope you can give me some tips to troubleshoot the problem.

Posted by Intern Usmc at August 16, 2017 08:45:35 CEST
[SOLVED]

I believe the solution is to uncomment the line in no 15 in config.h #define CFG_us915 and #define LMIC_DEBUG_LEVEL 2. But, I left the following lines commented as they cause some problem when I uncomment it.
//#define LMIC_FAILURE_TO Serial
//#define DISABLE_PING
//#define DISABLE_BEACONS

I am unsure why but maybe someone can please give some hint to this behaviour.

Regards,
Posted by Daniel at November 29, 2017 18:38:04 CET
Hi,

thanks for sharing this amazing tutorial!

I have a question. The Arduino UNO logical ports work with 5 volts. Isn't it going to burn the RFM95 module?

Thanks!
Posted by Edelweiss at January 3, 2018 16:35:37 CET
Hi,

Thank you for your tutorial.
I followed the 3 first steps and now, I have to build an antenna :
coil antenna or wire antenna !
Apparently, you get the best result with a coil antenna.
Now, I have questions :
- can we take any coil to have an antenna ?
- for the wire antenna, the wire with a diameter of 0.254mm, can we use a jumper wire with the appropriate dimension ?

edelweiss
(Belgium)
Posted by Manuel at February 19, 2018 09:48:58 CET
Thanks for the useful information!!! Very helpful!! :-)
Posted by Joe Bloggs at March 3, 2018 22:29:25 CET
Is the RFM95 compatible with the 5V logic levels of the Arduino Uno?
Posted by Yong at March 9, 2018 09:06:42 CET
Dear sir,

For the connected UNO to the SX1276, could you tell me which pin on the UNO is for the following pins on the SX1276 please?

RFM95_CS
RFM95_RST
RFM95_INT

Thank you very much.
Posted by Martin Ellis at April 2, 2018 16:30:49 CEST
Hi,

Just interested in your final antenna tests.
I would think the wire antenna will be better than any coil antenna.

In your final tests A, B & C you put the coil better than the wire but what you failed to do is to have the wire antenna in the same orientation as the coil. You have always used the wire antenna in a vertical position.
Maybe if you were to test the wire antenna with different orientations, this would be better in ALL tests compared to the coil.
So, if you have the coil, horizontal, pointing away from the board, then do the same with the wire antenna to compare.
If you have the time to carry out yet another 'revisited' video, it would be interesting to see the results.
I have yet to build my own Lo-Ra node or gateway, but parts are on their way.
Thanks for the videos.
Martin
Posted by Saikumar at June 7, 2018 10:10:35 CEST
Hi,

i have already worked with Arduino uno+Sx1276 with IBM LMIC framework. Now i need to try the same with STM32F103C8T6+SX1276 -iBM LMIC Framework. Does anyone worked with STM & Sx1276 combination? If yes kindly help me to work on the node connectivity
Posted by Billuduino at June 15, 2018 02:51:22 CEST
Hi there Mobilefish,

Thank you for this great effort, this tutorial is really amazing. i still have a challenge to get it to work though. After making all changes and uploading the sketch, the serial monitor keeps giving me the following :

Stats\Arduino\libraries\arduino-lmic-master\src\lmic\radio.c:689
Starting
FAILURE
C:\Users\myname\Documents\Arduino\libraries\arduino-lmic-master\src\lmic\radio.c:689

would you please help me with this .
Posted by Herb Blair at July 2, 2018 14:59:55 CEST
I'm trying to decode the temperature sent by my node.

here is the code that I use:

function Decoder (bytes){
var temperatureInt = bytes [2]
var tempertureDecimal = bytes [3];
var temperature = temperatureInt + "." + temperatureDecimal;
}

I get the following error:

Internal error: Decoder threw error: ReferenceError("'temperatureDecimal' is not defined")

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Posted by Gerrit Van Harreveld at July 9, 2018 21:09:41 CEST
I bought some rfm95w lora modules from aliexpress.
I want to use these on an arduino uno or nano, which have 5V logic signals, while the lora module is for 3,3V. I saw in your video that you connect the lora nodule directly to the uno digital pins. Is this not harmfull for the lora module?
Posted by Matt at July 18, 2018 09:50:44 CEST
Thank you for a good tutorial , here there some errors:
Starting
FAILURE
C:\Users\Matt\Documents\Arduino\libraries\arduino-lmic-master\src\lmic\radio.c:689

Help please
Posted by Leif at November 1, 2018 22:03:54 CET
Just commenting because I would also like to know the answer to Gerrit's question
Posted by Claudiu at February 14, 2019 19:23:17 CET
Hi!
What EUI should I use when I register the device or where I can find it. It is ok if i use the auto generate obtion ?
Thank you!
Posted by Ivan at April 9, 2019 23:48:53 CEST
Hi,

The issue is that SPI port is at logic level 3.3 V and with the UNO its at 5V. I tested it with a 3.3v Nano/Pro Clone and it worked fine. So I would suggest if you are trying to get it to work either use a logic level shifter or use that board. Will save you hours of fun. But its good learning anyway. Good post Mobile Fish. Thanks.
Posted by Martin at May 22, 2019 23:41:24 CEST
Thank you for this detailed and extremely helpful tutorial!
Posted by Uli at June 22, 2019 19:31:50 CEST
Hi,
same Problem as Posted by Matt at July 18, 2018 09:50:44 CEST
The monitor dosn´t work this way. The whole thing dosn´t work.
Is there anybody who can send "hello World"?
Posted by Amrt at July 4, 2019 10:03:31 CEST
[SOLVED]
I have some issues,

Starting
FAILURE
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\arduino-lmic-master\src\lmic\lmic.c:689
from serial monitor

and all i do is just change the pins like this:
.nss = 10,
.rxtx = LMIC_UNUSED_PIN,
.rst = LMIC_UNUSED_PIN,
.dio = {5, 6, LMIC_UNUSED_PIN}

and, remove all library that consist of lmic.h
good luck!
Posted by Amrt at July 17, 2019 08:08:05 CEST
[SOLVED]
Sorry for my bad typo
I have some issues,

Starting
FAILURE
from serial monitor

and all i do is just change the pins like this:
.nss = 10,
.rxtx = LMIC_UNUSED_PIN,
.rst = LMIC_UNUSED_PIN,
.dio = {5, 6, LMIC_UNUSED_PIN}

and, remove all library that consist of lmic.h (except arduino-lmic-master library) because the board will be confused what lmic.h will be executed
good luck!
Posted by Manish Kakkar at August 10, 2019 11:04:58 CEST
Hi,
I was getting:
FAILURE

I connected sck mosi and miso to the digital pins 13, 11 and 12. According to the drawing you should connect sck, mosi and miso to the ICCP. Once i connected sck, mosi and miso to ICCP. It worked.
Posted by Robert Hancock at August 18, 2019 02:36:09 CEST
Thanks for the written tutorial.
I followed it to the letter but I am getting compile errors. I have posted my sketch and the errors and config.h at:

Can you see what is wrong please