Posted comments (8)

Posted by Intern Usmc at August 15, 2017 01:31:48 CEST
Hello,

Thank you for the tutorial.

I am using a hope RFM95 Cytron shield (https://www.cytron.com.my/p-shield-lora-rfm) for my project. The LoRa module is tuned for 915 MHz. May know which line should be changed if I want the code to work at 915 MHz frequency?

So far I have made the following changes to the confg.h file
-uncommentated #define CFG_us915 1
-other changes similar to step 14 (in your guideline)

When I compile and upload the ttn-abp sketch, I got the following error.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\arduino-lmic-master\src\lmic\radio.c:596:9: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'printf'

printf("%lu: %s, freq=%lu, SF=%d, BW=%d, CR=4/%d, IH=%d\n",

^
*from bottom of Arduino IDE

Starting
FAILURE
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\arduino-lmic-master\src\lmic\lmic.c:1508
*from serial monitor

Hope you can give me some tips to troubleshoot the problem.

Posted by Intern Usmc at August 16, 2017 08:45:35 CEST
[SOLVED]

I believe the solution is to uncomment the line in no 15 in config.h #define CFG_us915 and #define LMIC_DEBUG_LEVEL 2. But, I left the following lines commented as they cause some problem when I uncomment it.
//#define LMIC_FAILURE_TO Serial
//#define DISABLE_PING
//#define DISABLE_BEACONS

I am unsure why but maybe someone can please give some hint to this behaviour.

Regards,
Posted by Daniel at November 29, 2017 18:38:04 CET
Hi,

thanks for sharing this amazing tutorial!

I have a question. The Arduino UNO logical ports work with 5 volts. Isn't it going to burn the RFM95 module?

Thanks!
Posted by Edelweiss at January 3, 2018 16:35:37 CET
Hi,

Thank you for your tutorial.
I followed the 3 first steps and now, I have to build an antenna :
coil antenna or wire antenna !
Apparently, you get the best result with a coil antenna.
Now, I have questions :
- can we take any coil to have an antenna ?
- for the wire antenna, the wire with a diameter of 0.254mm, can we use a jumper wire with the appropriate dimension ?

edelweiss
(Belgium)
Posted by Manuel at February 19, 2018 09:48:58 CET
Thanks for the useful information!!! Very helpful!! :-)
Posted by Joe Bloggs at March 3, 2018 22:29:25 CET
Is the RFM95 compatible with the 5V logic levels of the Arduino Uno?
Posted by Yong at March 9, 2018 09:06:42 CET
Dear sir,

For the connected UNO to the SX1276, could you tell me which pin on the UNO is for the following pins on the SX1276 please?

RFM95_CS
RFM95_RST
RFM95_INT

Thank you very much.
Posted by Martin Ellis at April 2, 2018 16:30:49 CEST
Hi,

Just interested in your final antenna tests.
I would think the wire antenna will be better than any coil antenna.

In your final tests A, B & C you put the coil better than the wire but what you failed to do is to have the wire antenna in the same orientation as the coil. You have always used the wire antenna in a vertical position.
Maybe if you were to test the wire antenna with different orientations, this would be better in ALL tests compared to the coil.
So, if you have the coil, horizontal, pointing away from the board, then do the same with the wire antenna to compare.
If you have the time to carry out yet another 'revisited' video, it would be interesting to see the results.
I have yet to build my own Lo-Ra node or gateway, but parts are on their way.
Thanks for the videos.