Steganography is the practice of hiding secret information inside a cover file (such as a picture)
where nobody would suspect it contains hidden information inside of it.
The secret information itself can be a message or even another file (picture, video or audio file).
This hidden data is usually encrypted with a password.
Steganography is beneficial for watermarking images, securely storing sensitive data, such as hiding system passwords or keys within other files.
This online steganography service lets you hide a secret message or a secret file inside a cover image.
See an example of a photo where a secret message is hidden:
To unhide the secret message use this tool and enter password: joshua
How this online steganography service works
Encrypt: Hide a secret message or a secret file inside a cover image.
Decrypt: Unhide the secret message or the secret file from the encrypted image.
- Upload a cover image where a secret message or a secret file will be hidden in.
The cover image can be any of the following filetypes (max file size = 300 KB):
.bmp, .gif, .jpeg, .jpg, .png.
To avoid detection please use a cover image with plenty of fine details.
A cloudless blue sky and a car in front of a red painted wall is not good.
Animals in a forrest on a rainy day is much better.
Also less information hidden inside the cover image is better.
- Enter a secret message or instead upload a secret file.
The secret message or secret file will be embedded inside the cover image.
The maximum size of the secret message is 5000 characters.
The secret file can be any filetype (max file size = 100 KB).
- Enter a password if you need additional security.
If a password is entered, the same password is required to unhide the secret message or secret file from the cover image.
- Press the "Encrypt" button.
- An encrypted image is created (always a .png file) where the secret message or secret file is hidden inside.
- There are two ways to unhide the secret message or the secret file:
- Upload an encrypted image where the secret message or the secret file is hidden inside.
The encrypted image must be a .png file (max file size = 4 MB).
- Or instead enter an image URL, for example:
The image URL must refer to a .png file (max file size = 4 MB).
- If a password is specified during the encryption process, the same password is required here.
- Press the "Decrypt" button.
- If a secret message is found it will be displayed in the text area.
If a secret file is found it can be downloaded.
Download encrypted image or secret file: