|Drupal is a is database driven (MySQL and PostgreSQL) content management system, which supports pluggable modules that enable additional behaviors. It is considered to be an excellent platform for developers due to its clean code and extensibility, and it can also be used as a Web application framework.
The modules available for Drupal provide a wide assortment of features, for example:
More information about Drupal can be found at: http://drupal.org
- locale support
- theme support
- content rating
- taxonomy support
- mailing list management
- error logging
- discussion forums
- photo galleries
- web based administration
- user management
- content versioning
- page caching for high performance websites
The latest Drupal version can be downloaded from: http://drupal.org/project
Drupal forum can be found at: http://drupal.org/forum
This guide explains how to upgrade Drupal 4.7.0 to 4.7.1.
If you want to upgrade Drupal 4.7.0 to Drupal 4.7.2 you must:
Operating system used
- Upgrade 4.7.0 to 4.7.1
- Upgrade 4.71 to 4.7.2
Windows XP Home Edition Version 5.1 SP 2
- Before upgarding any Drupal version **** BACKUP **** your current Drupal installation and database. See quick guide "Backup database and Drupal with Cygwin".
- Download Drupal 4.7.1: drupal-4.7.1.tar.gz and unpack this file into C:\drupal-4.7.1
- Goto your Drupal site and log on as the user with user ID 1.
To verify this, after you have logged in, select menu "my account".
The url should look like: http://drupal.mobilefish.com/?q=user/1
It seems weird to login but just do it! After you have logged in, do not close the browser window just leave it as it is. We will return to this window later.
- Temporarily store the following file and directory:
cp -R C:\mobilefish_drupal\files C:\temp_drupal\files
cp -R C:\mobilefish_drupal\sites\default\settings.php C:\temp_drupal
- Remove all the old Drupal files then unpack the new Drupal files into the directory that you run Drupal from:
- cd C:\mobilefish_drupal
- Remove all files and subdirectories inside this directory.
- Copy the content of C:\drupal-4.7.1 into C:\mobilefish_drupal
- Modify file C:\mobilefish_drupal\sites\default\settings.php according to your situation.
If you do not know what to modify just compare this file with the one copied to C:\temp_drupal\settings.php.
At least check the following:
$db_url = 'mysql://root:[email protected]/drupal';
$base_url = 'http://drupal.mobilefish.com';
- Copy C:\temp_drupal\files to C:\mobilefish_drupal
cp -R C:\temp_drupal\files C:\mobilefish_drupal\files
- In your browser enter:
Note: If you have not logged in as the user with user ID 1 then you will see the following error message:
If this is the case you need to start all over again.
- In the browser click the link "run the database upgrade script".
- Press the Update button.
- The Drupal database is updated.
- Drupal is now upgraded. Remove directory C:\temp_drupal