Monitor HTTP messages
Operating system used
Windows Vista Home Premium SP 1
- In this tutorial HTTP messages are monitored between your browser and www.yahoo.com.
- Start TCPMon, double click: C:\tools\tcpmon-1.0-bin\build\tcpmon.bat
- Select tab Admin and type:
Listen Port #: 8080 (you can choose any free port number on your PC)
Target Hostname: www.yahoo.com (the hostname where the messages are send)
Target Port #: 80
- Press the Add button. Tab "Port 8080" is created.
- Open your browser and type: http://localhost:8080.
- In Tab "Port 8080" you can see the HTTP messages send and received from www.yahoo.com.