|Ant is an open-source Java-based build tool. The configuration files are XML-based, calling out a target tree where various tasks get executed. Each task is run by an object that implements a particular Task interface.
The binary distribution of Ant includes the latest version of the Apache Xerces2 XML parser. Ant is distributed at no charge for commercial or non-commercial use. For more information read the LICENSE file.
The latest Ant version can be downloaded from: http://ant.apache.org/
Installing Ant 1.5.1
Operating system used
Windows XP Home Edition Version 5.1 SP 2
Java 2 Standard Edition (J2SE) SDK, version 1.1 or higher.
- Download and unzip jakarta-ant-1.5.1-bin.zip
- Set the ANT_HOME environment variable to the directory where you installed Ant.
Optionally, set the JAVA_HOME environment variable. This should be set to the directory where your JDK is installed.
- Add the bin directory to your path.
- The classpath for Ant must contain ant.jar
- To check if Ant is installed correctly, type: ant -version
You should see:
Ant version 1.5.1 compiled on October 2 2002